Downloading Flying Squirrel on Windows
If you have a previous version of Flying Squirrel for Windows installed, you do not have to uninstall the previous version to install a new version of the application.
- Download the executable file.
- Run the executable file that starts the Flying Squirrel Installation Wizard.
- Follow the steps suggested by the Installation Wizard.
Note: The application is installed in the "Flying Squirrel" folder in your laptop's default "Program Files" directory.
- After installation is complete, download the "AirPcap Driver" from the CACE Technologies website (Windows XP and Vista). (http://www.cacetech.com/downloads.html).
- Download the US Globalsat BU-353 USB GPS receiver driver for Windows XP. The file name is PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v130.zip. (http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?ID=31)
Note: If using Windows Vista, the BU-353 is supported out-of-the-box.
- Start the Flying Squirrel application.