Current Areas of Research
- Chemical Vapor Deposition of Diamond materials- from nanocrystalline thin films for MEMS and electronics, to doped single crystal epilayers for advanced electronics. Deposition conditions, surface reactivity, precursor decomposition mechanism, precursor adsorption/desorption, and nature of
different ligands are some of the factors studied for their influence on the aforementioned thin film properties.
- Surface studies of diamond.
- Infrared Reflection Absorption Spectroscopy (IRRAS) of Surface Species.
- Plasma Chemistry/Diagnostics.
- Spectroscopy of Transient and Reactive Species.
- Micro Raman, Photoluminence, and Cathodoluminescence Spectroscopy.
- Electronic properties and electron emission from wide band-gap materials
- Synthesis of precursors for chemical vapor deposition and spatially selective chemical vapor deposition.
- Fabrication of micro and nanostructures by chemical-assisted in-beam etching process
- MEMS and NEMS resonator and device fabrication.