- Nanoprobe UHV Chamber with variable temperature stage under 4 independent STMs,
- High resolution SEM, Scanning Auger Microprobe System is coupled to 2nd UHV chamber with variable temperature
- STM/AFM, XPS, LEED, other surface analytical tools.
- Inverted fluorescence microscope coupled to a femtosecond laser and imaging spectrometer with sensitive CCD camera,
- Instrumentation for measuring time-correlated single-photon fluorescence decays, and scanning multiphoton excitation for wide-bandgap materials.
- UHV preparation and analysis chambers and instrumentation for excited-state photoemission and time-resolved laser-induced luminescence.
- Chemical vapor deposition systems for carbon nanotubes, Si nanowires, GaN nanowires.
- Electrical measurement apparatus for 2 and 4-point I-V measurements, Labview controlled
- Dielectrophoresis apparatus for selected deposition of nanotubes and nanowires
- High power sonicator
- ICP-OES/ICP-MS facilities for ppt elemental analysis
- Surface Analytical Chamber UHV load-locked to a CVD chamber, containing:
- High Resolution Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy
- Auger Electron Spectroscopy
- X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy
- Reverse View Low Energy Electron Diffraction
- Residual Gas Analysis (Quadruple Mass Spectrometer)
- Differentially pumped Sputter Gun
- Variable temperature sample stage (100 to 1200K)
- Optical access for in-situ diagnostics
- Kelvin Probe
- In-situ four point electrical probe for electrical measurements
- UHV 4 pot metal evaporator