NOViSS is a system for providing reliable delivery of live streaming video over tactical wireless networks using NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM). NOViSS can provide end-to-end reliable transport of multicast streaming video to overcome latency and packet loss problems associated with limited-bandwidth wireless tactical networks.
- Reliable delivery of streaming video over tactical wireless links using NACK Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM) protocol (IETF RFC 5740)
- Video digitizer with compression to allow network distribution of video over disadvantaged links
- Bandwidth reduction techniques to reduce network traffic
- Video distributed throughout battle group network and beyond
- Video can be viewed throughout the battle group over WARNET/IBGWN and other IP communication services
- Web-based viewer and system control interfaces
- Embedded video display is implemented via the QuickTime plug-in that supports a variety of web browsers
- Full-screen display is also supported
- Video legend can be added by the transmitter to provide a source description (e.g. "P3 Airborne Patrol") to remote viewers
A performance comparison showing the ability of NOViSS to deliver reliable MPEG-4 video streaming over an impaired (25% packet loss) network is available.
- View a sample video (requires Flash, or use 53MB AVI version)
- View comparison videos (requires QuickTime)
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.