Desert High Bay
The desert high bay provides sand and rock for evaluating autonomous systems designed for these challenging environments.
- A 44' by 30' by 28' overall high bay contains a 25' by 18' pit filled with 2.5' of sand.
- Two adjacent floor-to-ceiling rock walls with natural outcroppings allow for evaluation of climbing vehicles.
- Special stage lighting can supply appropriate high contract lighting conditions.
- Windows and skylights have shades to approximate night time conditions.
- Wind generators are available to create blowing sand conditions.
- An area adjacent to the sand is available for staging and equipment.
- An adjacent control room can be used for control of experiments.