Cognitive Simulation Tool
Click to view larger
Description:The Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) has patented an artificial intelligence and cognitive modeling technology related to computerized network interactions using knowledge base systems. The NRL patented technology applies to a learning algorithm grounded in social science to model interactions of agents/actors from different groups or cultures. The tool embedding this technology uses agent-based simulation of preference-driven agents endowed with cognitive maps representing their causal beliefs. Agents modify their cognitive maps through social learning using particle swarm optimization. A user can seed the simulation with diverse belief structures and activate the simulation to predict coalitions/conflicts and shifts of allegiance.
- Measures impact of foreign presence on a society before belief systems collide
- Measures impact of organizational changes
- Predicts coalitions and shifts of allegiance
- Facilitates what-if simulations of information warfare
- Predicts population attitudes in response to exogenous events
- Visualizes group formation
- Homeland Security
- Video Gaming System
- Related U.S. Patent Number 8,112,369 entitled "Methods and Systems of Adaptive Coalition of Cognitive Agents"
Click here for a more detailed PDF version of this technology.
Contact:Naval Research Laboratory
Technology Transfer Office, Code 1004