The Electronic Warfare Modeling and Simulation Branch develops and utilizes simulation and modeling tools for the effectiveness evaluation of present, proposed, and future electronic warfare (EW) concepts, systems, and configurations for U.S. aircraft and ships. The Branch work is conducted across five functional areas: collection and formulation of basic requirements and determination of EW effectiveness criteria; survey of EW candidate systems for in-service capabilities, and state-of-the-art/R&D technologies; development of modeling and simulation tools required to conduct effectiveness evaluations; systematic application of tools and procedures in the evaluation of EW systems; and reporting of individual candidate evaluation results to identify R&D performance metrics versus requirements and to permit comparisons with other candidate systems.
- Code 5770 - Electronic Warfare Modeling and Simulation Branch
- Code 5771 - Electronic Support Systems Performance Section
- Code 5772 - Electronic Attack Systems Performance Section
- Code 5773 - Visualization and Systems Integration Section
- Code 5774 - Advanced Tactical and Environmental Simulation Section
- Code 5775 - Special Projects Section
- Code 5776 - Command and Control Section