Full Utilization Rate
Full utilization rate is at least 1.5 hours per day for every calendar day on which the aircraft is dedicated to the project, including installation and de-installation time.
All customers shall be assessed a weekly fee to reserve an aircraft for use during the requested project period:
- $25,000 per week for all NP-3D
- $5,000 per week for all RC-12
Note: For any calendar week in which 15 project flight hours are executed, this fee is waived.
Flight Hour Rate
- NRL customers:
- $10,000 per flight hour on NP-3D
- $15,000 per flight hour on AEW/CEC Rotodome NP-3D
- $1,600 per flight hour on RC-12F/M
- Non-NRL customers:
- $15,000 per flight hour on NP-3D
- $20,000 per flight hour on AEW/CEC Rotodome NP-3D
- $2,800 per flight hour on RC-12F/M
Note: NRL customers are any NRL/ONR research division or customers directly supporting an NRL/ONR research project. Flight Hour Rates may be superseded by a Memorandum of Agreement signed by the Commanding Officer (Code 1000).
NRL/VXS-1 customers are charged on a full reimbursable basis for costs related to projects which may include: Aircraft Reporting Custodian (ARC) services, specific military manpower support, unique/specific aircrew training, systems integration, mission planning, flight and maintenance crew travel expenses (e.g., travel, hotel, per diem), landing fees, non military contract fuel (additional fuel costs), and other identified project specific costs. Hourly rates for military manpower are indicated on the following page.