Let the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) take your career further than you can imagine.® Submit your application now to be considered for a position at the Navy’s corporate research laboratory! NRL’s main site is located in Washington, DC with key remote sites in Bay St. Louis, MS, and Monterey, CA. Other sites may include Key West, FL, Mobile, AL, and Albuquerque, NM.
NRL is seeking applicants eligible for hire through the Schedule A authority or 30% or More Disabled Veteran authority:
- Schedule A authority refers to a special hiring authority that gives Federal agencies an optional, and potentially quicker, way to hire individuals with disabilities. Applying under Schedule A offers an exception to the traditional competitive hiring process. You can apply for jobs using Schedule A if you are a person with an intellectual disability, a severe physical disability, or a psychiatric disability.
- 30% or More Disabled Veteran authority allows any veteran with a 30% or more service-connected disability to be non-competitively appointed. You are eligible if you:
- retired from active military service with a service-connected disability rating of 30% or more;
- you have a rating by the Department of Veterans Affairs showing a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
This authority can be used to make permanent, temporary (not to exceed 1 year) or term (more than 1 year, but not more than 4) appointments in the competitive service. There is no grade level restriction. When using this authority to appoint on a permanent basis, you are first placed on a time limited appointment of at least 60 days and then converted to a permanent appointment at management's discretion. When the authority is used for temporary or term appointments, you will not be converted to a permanent appointment.
Please view our current vacancies list at https://hroffice.nrl.navy.mil/jobs/vacancy.htm.
Open Continuous Vacancies*
Office Automation NC-0326-I or II
* Positions may be filled when a vacancy occurs. Your resume and any documents submitted for these positions will be retained for six months and may be used at any time during this period. When a vacancy for one of the below positions is requested to be filled, your resume will be provided to the selecting official for consideration.
Eligibility & Qualifications:
Candidates must meet minimum qualification standards as described in OPM’s operating manual, “Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions”; and meet any selective placement factor identified for the position to be filled.
Salary is set commensurate with selectee’s background, experience, and market considerations. The Naval Research Laboratory is under an approved Personnel Demonstration Project. To learn more about our Demonstration Project, as well as our benefits package, applicants are encouraged to visit NRL’s Careers web site at https://www.nrl.navy.mil/careers.
For Schedule A applicants, you will be contacted by the Human Resources Office for a "proof of a disability" letter, which you can get from your doctor, a licensed medical professional, a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist, or any federal, state, or local agency that issues or provides disability benefits, stating that you have an intellectual disability, severe physical disability or psychiatric disability with your application.
For 30% Disabled Veteran applicants, you must also provide the member 4 copy of your DD214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty," is preferable and a Standard Form 15 (SF-15) Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference” if you are claiming 10-point preference with your application.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, upload your resume and current transcripts as a single PDF below. Within your resume, include the position title, series and grade level of the position(s) for which you desire consideration. All applications and supporting documentation become the property of the Department of the Navy and will not be returned once submitted. Do NOT include your social security number or date of birth.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The United States government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military status or other non-merit factor.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should include a reasonable accommodation request in the email with your application materials. If you are contacted for an interview, every effort will be made to meet the needs of your accommodation request. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
NRL participates in E-Verify