The Space Systems Development Department (SSDD) has been a key partner in the design, engineering, and management of over 87 satellites since 1960. The following list describes some of SSDD's current programs. For information on previous programs, see our Heritage page or find out about the origin of the Naval Center for Space Technology (NCST).
- WindSat - WindSat is a demonstration program designed to validate space-based multichannel polarimetric radiometry as a reliable and cost effective means for achieving wind vector (speed and direction) measurements that meet Department of Defense, Department of Commerce, and National Polar-orbiting
- Tether Physics & Survivability Experiment (TiPS)
- Advanced Tether Experiment (ATEx)
- High Temperature Superconductivity Space Experiment (HTSSE)
- Microelectronics and Photonics Test Bed (MPTB)
- Tactical Technologies Development Lab - Unit Operations Center (UOC)
- Pre-Configured Interface Payload Program (PCIP)