Four 20' by 40' human-systems interaction labs support development of novel autonomous system interfaces, and research and testing of advanced human-system interaction techniques. These labs overlook the prototyping high bay. Two of the interactions labs are adjacent on the first floor and two are adjacent on the second floor. Each pair may be combined into a single 20' by 80' lab by opening a partition between the adjacent rooms.
- Eye-trackers allow data collection of a participant's eye gaze while using a tactical workstation or computer.
- Multi-touch displays allow development of advanced tactical displays where multiple users can use gestures to manipulate display elements.
- Overhead mounting system in ceiling allows monitors and other equipment to be mounted anywhere within the labs.
- Each HSI lab has a wall of glass overlooking the prototyping high bay. A metal shutter may be closed blocking the view of the prototyping high bay if needed.
- Power and network connections are available both in the ceiling and the floor as well as on the walls.