The power and energy lab provides a safe, controlled environment for the evaluation of new power and energy sources from the component level to integrated systems. The lab has the following features:
- Dry room for custom battery assembly and experimentation, particularly for lithium-based battery technology.
- Glovebox containing argon for safe handling of lithium.
- Solar simulators for photovoltaic research.
- Environmental chambers for temperature and atmosphere stress testing.
- Gas manifolds dedicated to fuels and oxidizers.
- Isolation room for safe evaluation of systems.