The Electronic Warfare Strategic Planning Organization (EWSPO) is the focal point for interaction between the Lead Laboratory for Tactical Electronic Warfare and the Fleet and program offices in the System Commands (SYSCOMS), Office of the Chief of Naval Operations (OPNAV), Secretary of Navy (SECNAV), Office of Naval Research (ONR), and the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), as well as other Services. The EWSPO identifies EW deficiencies and requirements and establishes strategic plans for countermeasures, tactical deception, and EW. The products of the EWSPO are in the form of analysis results, comprehensive research and acquisition programs structuring or restructuring recommendations, and the overall methods upon which the program assessments and long-range plans are made.
Research Activity Areas
- Provide technical and managerial leadership for Long Range EW planning
- Assess Navy EW acquisition programs
- Provide structuring/restructuring recommendations
- Division focal point for Navy EW S&T issues
- S&T liaison with tri-service panels, ONR, SYSCOMS, and OPNAV
- Perform/coordinate studies and analyses of EW R&D needs and programs