The Surface Electronic Warfare Systems Branch is responsible for research, design, and development of on-board electronic warfare (EW) technologies, techniques, and systems to deny or degrade hostile use of the electromagnetic spectrum and protect Naval Ships. This includes threat assessment and definition, development of EW operational concepts, EW requirements definition, electronic countermeasure technique research and analysis, EW signal processing research, EW system research and prototype system development, EW technique and system effectiveness evaluation, field experimentation, and system effectiveness assessments.
- Code 5741 - Integration Techniques Section
- Code 5743 - Techniques Development Section
- Code 5744 - Systems Development Section
- Code 5745 - High Power Microwave Section
- Code 5747 - RF Systems Engineering
- Code 5748 - Systems Integration Section